LIVING AND LEARNING IN THE LOVE OF GOD
OUR MISSION, VISION and VALUES
We are a Christian learning community, serving our local area, in which every person is treated as an individual. Everyone is valued, respected, encouraged to achieve and helped to develop the knowledge, skills, values and confidence required to be successful and rounded citizens.
At Mappleborough Green C of E Primary School we promise
- to provide a safe and caring environment where everyone matters.
- to encourage children to develop a love of reading.
- to offer a curriculum that makes learning relevant and exciting for all pupils, remains as broad as possible and reflects the school's local context.
- to offer a curriculum that is planned and clearly sequenced so that new knowledge and skills build on what has been taught before.
- to promote a love of learning by the provision of opportunities that are relevant, motivating, challenging and enjoyable.
- to give all children opportunities to raise their attainment in English and mathematics so that they are the best they can be.
- to give children the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens, introducing them to the best that had been thought and said and helping to engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.
- to support our children in developing transferrable life skills and to understand their strengths as learners.
- to encourage children's aspirations and develop their unique talents so that they find success and have it celebrated by the school community.
- to develop in our children a commitment to Christian values including truth, compassion, respect and responsibility
- to listen to the views of parents and our wider community