Through the teaching of Religious Education we aim to:
- develop children’s awareness of spiritual, moral, social and cultural dimensions of life
- reflect the Christian background of our school and help children develop an understanding and knowledge of the Christian faith
- help children develop a greater knowledge and understanding of the beliefs and practices of the other principal religions including Sikhism, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism.
- encourage children to have confidence in their own viewpoint, whilst engaging in open and honest enquiry, and respecting the rights of others to hold beliefs different from their own in a religiously diverse society
- encourage children to consider their own personal experiences, beliefs and values and to use these as a bridge to develop personal responses to ultimate questions
- make Religious Education enjoyable and relevant so that children develop a positive attitude towards it
- cover the work contained in both the New Warwickshire Agreed Syllabus and Understanding Christianity, emphasising key concepts, feelings and attitudes which these programmes aims to develop.